Suspect identified, but no charges laid yet after man attacked with weapon in YK

RCMP conducted a search warrant in the early morning of June 4 at a Hay River residence. (File photo/CKLB.)

No charges have been laid after a man was assaulted with a weapon in downtown Yellowknife Wednesday afternoon.

Despite no charges being laid, a suspect has been identified, the RCMP said in a press release.

The release said the victim and the suspect “are believed to be known to one another” and there is no risk to the general public.

The RCMP said the incident happened at 3:45 p.m. in the area of 50th St. No details were released on the type of weapon that was used.

The victim was transported to the Stanton Territorial Hospital, but no details on his condition were released.

RCMP began investigating at the time of the incident and cordoned off the area until 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday.

About the Author

Luke Carroll
Luke Carroll is a journalist originally from Brockville, Ont. He has previously worked as a reporter and editor in Ottawa, Halifax and New Brunswick. Luke is a graduate of Carleton University's bachelor of journalism program. If you have a story idea, feel free to send him an email at luke.carroll@cklbradio.com