South Slavey Language Announcer
NCS and CKLB Radio are looking for a South Slavey Language Announcer. You will be part of the Language Team to deliver daily programming on CKLB Radio. This position is part-time, casual with the possibility of full-time. The successful candidate will work out of our office in Yellowknife. Remote work may be possible for the right candidate.
What will you do?
– Work in partnership with other news and radio staff
– Deliver a daily show in the South Slavey Dialect
– Voice advertisements
– Reach out to communities in the Dehcho region
Who are you?
– Fluent in South Slavey dialect is essential
– The ability to write in South Slavey is an asset
– Passionate about their language
– Personable and approachable
– A natural storyteller
– Community oriented
– Respectful of Elders, language, tradition and culture
– Basic computer skills
NCS offers an attractive benefits package, and the salary for this position is competitive with Broadcast Industry standards. Support and training available. We thank you for your submissions and only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
The Native Communications Society of the NWT is looking to build a team of creative, passionate, enthusiastic, energetic and talented individuals constantly searching for challenges and perfection. NCS is the Northwest Territory’s premier Aboriginal Broadcaster with coverage spanning the entire territory and beyond. Our Radio Division, CKLB, delivers News, Current Affairs and diverse regional and cultural perspectives daily into the lives of Northwest Territories Residents, in five Aboriginal languages, and English.