Less than 72 hours after the third and fourth confirmed cases, the Northwest Territories now has had five total cases of the COVID-19.
In a notice sent Sunday evening, the office of the chief public health officer says the individual travelled to Latin America.
“There remains no evidence of community spread in the Northwest Territories,” reads the notice.
The person returned to Yellowknife on March 23 and stayed in self-isolation before developing symptoms a week later.
“This is another case where everything was done right,” says the OCPHO.
It adds that the person is recovering at home.
So far, the person with the first confirmed case has made a full recovery, and a single COVID-19 patient has been hospitalized.
Residents with symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath and chills are reminded to fill out a self-assessment form online to see if they should be tested.