Classes will resume at J.H. Sissons school Tuesday morning after a gassy smell was detected in the school yesterday.
According to a notice on the Yellowknife Education District Number One (Yk1) website. the school will be in full operation and follow regular hours now that YK1 staff and a service company have deemed the building safe.
The school was evacuated on Monday and hundreds of staff and students moved to the gymnasium of Sir John Franklin High School.
In an email to parents, the acting principal of J.H. Sissons reportedly said a boiler malfunction caused the smell.