CKLB is looking for two Aboriginal Language Announcers . If you have radio experience and looking for an opportunity to connect with communities, this may be the opportunity you are looking for.
NCS is the Northwest Territory’s premier Aboriginal Broadcaster with coverage spanning the entire territory and beyond. Our Radio Division, CKLB, delivers News, current affairs, diverse regional and cultural perspectives daily into the lives of NWT Residents, in five Aboriginal languages, and English.
NCS is currently seeking a South Slavey Language Announcer/Host & a Denesuline Yati Language Announcer/Host to deliver daily
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE THESE QUALITIES:
* Interpret and speak South Slavey or Denesuline Yati
* Strong, confident and natural delivery on air
* Conduct interviews and research stories via telephone and in-person
* Report, write, edit and contribute high quality stories
* Pro-active in developing and following up on stories in the territory
* Able to travel within Northwest Territories as required
* Cover live events by phone or via e-mail, as required.
* Maintain focus on target audience when covering stories.
* Available for emergency coverage.
* Develop and maintain relationships with all potential newsmakers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Fluent in programming language
* Must have audio editing experience (Soundforage, Adobe Audition, Hindenberg)
* Outgoing personality, willing to speak to people in the community
* Ability to write stories in a clear, concise and creative manner
* Motivated team player
* Strong organizational skills
* Must be a self-starter and detailed-oriented
* Must be able to take direction
* Possess a valid Drivers' License and a clean Driver’s abstract (asset)
The salary for this position is competitive with Broadcast Industry standards.
We thank you for your submissions and only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume along with a voice demo to email@example.com.