GNWT wants feedback to improve addictions recovery

Julie Green, minister of Health and Social Services. (Luke Carroll/CKLB)

Residents who currently live with an addiction or have in the past can now have their say in how the territorial government can improve its recovery services.

The Department of Health and Social Services has launched a survey asking for information on what services are working, what needs to be improved, and any barriers people have in trying to access the services.

In a news release, the territorial government says it wants “to supports the health and well-being of residents by strengthening peer support and increasing the number and variety of culturally-respectful, community based mental health and addictions programs, including aftercare.”

Residents can fill out the survey here.

Hard copies are also available at community counselling offices and treatment facilities.

Deadline for feedback is Mar. 31.

The GNWT says this is the first step in trying to improve addictions recovery services in the territory.

About the Author

Francis Tessier-Burns
Francis has been a general news reporter with CKLB since January 2019. Originally from rural Ontario, he first came to the NWT in 2016 as an intern with Up Here magazine and fell in love with the North. In his time with CKLB, he's had the immense pleasure and honour of learning about northern Indigenous cultures. Otherwise, you can find him hanging around the Legislative Assembly. If you have a story or want to chat, reach out to