The Whatì health centre is being forced to reduce its services due to a nursing shortage.
The Tłı̨chǫ Community Services Agency recently posted a notice to its website outlining the reduction.
From August 6 to 17, there will be the following changes:
- There will be no regularly scheduled appointments with a Community Health Nurse in the afternoons.
- There will be no available appointments for Well Adult.
- There will be no appointments for Chronic Disease.
- The Doctor Clinic will continue with regular services.
- The Prenatal Program will continue with regular service.
- The Well Child Program will continue to provide regular services
The notice says community members’ whose appointments have been affected will be contact by the health centre.
A nurse will also still be available for emergencies.
For additional info, contact 867-392-6075.