Two people are still in critical condition and another has fallen ill after consuming what is believed to be Ethylene Glycol, RCMP said.
In total, two men and one woman have been medevaced to Edmonton after consuming that substance.
RCMP have traced the source of Ethylene Glycol back to an individual they say was unlawfully selling liquor in Tuktoyaktuk, NT.
They believe it is the source of the poisoning, but are urging residents to be vigilant, RCMP said.
RCMP are telling people to not consume any non-potable liquor, or liquor which is not sealed in a container.
People should also avoid any liquor which has not been “specifically sold for human consumption,” a news release said.
Investigation into the incident is on-going.