The Native Communications Society of the NWT continues to build a team of creative, passionate, enthusiastic,
energetic and talented individuals constantly searching for challenges and perfection. NCS is the Northwest Territory’s
premier Aboriginal Broadcaster with coverage spanning the entire territory and beyond. Our Radio Division, CKLB,
delivers News, Current Affairs and diverse regional and cultural perspectives daily into the lives of NWT Residents, in five
Aboriginal languages, and English.
NCS is currently seeking qualified News Reporter/Hosts to work full-time in a fast-paced creative cross cultural
environment out of our production facilities in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. We are looking for talent that have a
degree in journalism or a degree as well as a diploma in broadcasting, and who possesses a keen sense of adventure.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE THESE QUALITIES:
- A post-secondary education or equivalent along with two (2) or three (3) years of directly related experience
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated interest in the social, political and aboriginal culture
- Excellent writing, reporting, technical and on-air presentation skills
- Clearly demonstrated reliability
- A mature, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- An excellent ability to contribute to and thrive in a team environment
- Initiative, flexibility, creativity and curiosity
- Establish and maintain a credible presence on social media
- Demonstrated ability to use social media and other resources to build contacts and sources
NCS offers an attractive benefits package, and the salary for this position is competitive with Broadcast Industry
standards. We thank you for your submissions and only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
A security check, valid driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract will be required.
If you can do all of the above, then we want to hear from you, no later than 4:30 pm (MST); August 04, 2017.
Those interested are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, 1 sample of writing and an on-air demo (max of 2 min) to;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Fax: (867) 873-5977
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.