Fire In Behchoko Destroys Family Business

There is one less store in the NWT, saying please come again.

Early Thursday morning, just past midnight, a fire destroyed Our Video Store in Behchoko.

The small family business started as a video rental, renting VHS’s and DVD’s in 1995.

As rentals slowly phased out of markets it was more profitable to turn the business to a convenience store.

A person who watched the fire, who wants to remain anonymous, says he feels like it may be arson.

The fire marshal in the town is investigating how it started.

People that worked at the store lost their job for the moment.

The fire started sometime after midnight, and the building was almost fully engulfed in flames by 3 am.

The parts that were not on fire, fire fighters had to break into to contain the flames.

The building is a total loss to the company.

CKLB reached out to the business owner, and fire marshal, but neither had any comments they would like to give.